All you need to know about swimming pool landscaping
Properly maintained and designed landscape for a swimming pool not only generates a relaxing and refreshing recreation area for the entire family and friends but also enhances and showcases the beauty of the home.
Today’s homeowners choose to design their landscape to include a swimming pool, as it is an excellent addition, and creates a refreshing opportunity for entertaining outdoors.
But getting the right landscape for a swimming pool takes so many considerations and care to present all the differences to the appearance and usability of the pool.
Here we are sharing everything you need to know about swimming pool landscaping.
What is landscaping, and why it matters?
Pool landscaping refers to the design of the area around your pool in your backyard. Including plants, it takes into account features such as paving, decking, pool fencing, lighting, furniture, to enhance the design of your pool and to the communal backyard area centred around the pool.
A well-furnished pool landscape increases the value of your property and presents an attractive feature for prospective home buyers and encourages them to offer a higher price.
A good pool landscape incorporates several numbers of factors, such as:
- Aesthetic appeal of the pool
- Incorporate with your lifestyle
Why does it matter?
An effective and well-maintained pool landscape has several important advantages.
- Make your backyard more beautiful and attractive: If you get the landscaping right, the pleasant aesthetic beauty of your swimming pool can be double. A good pool landscaping ensures that your pool looks beautiful regardless of the bright sunlight or illuminated artificially after dark, and without concern about the angle you are viewing from.
- Make your pool safer: As most of the swimming pool needs to compile with the planning regulators, to ensure privately-owned pools are safe even for kids. Here a pool landscape takes into this account and makes sure to utilize the space to make it healthier and safer for the kids, as well as making it convenient for you to supervise them in the pool.
- Increase the pool value: If you ever decide to move out, an appealing property can give you more profit than a normal one. A well-landscaped backyard can be helpful here. If your backyard is attractive, it can attract more potential buyers, and they will be happily ready to pay a higher price.
- Improve the functionality of the pool area: A god pool landscaping provides you with an ample of opportunities to use your pool and the area. Also, it creates easy access to the pool for swimming and relaxation.
Tips to have a perfect landscape
- Build landscape near to your pool: Your pool is a significant investment you ever make, so it needs to be a centrepiece of your yard. Our team of experts can help you to choose the perfect design to suit the architectural style of your home. So that once the construction and landscaping work gets done, it will give the entire property a new appearance. We offer a wide range of designing options, including rectangular or round, straight edges or curved, or even a custom design to serve you with a unique feature. However, the pool design will deliver many essential elements of your landscaping. Such as the tiling you choose, must coordinate with the interior colour of the pool. Though it may be possible that depending on the light and the weather conditions, the colour of the pool will change. The design of the pool also gets determined by the type and positioning of lighting you want to install nearby the area. The right lighting angle truly brings your landscaping design to life, so take help from our specialist to know about the different effects that you can achieve by placing lighting correctly.
- Determine the size and shape of the backyard: A landscape plays a significant role in making the best possible use of the available space. For example, suppose you have a small backyard space. In that case, the swimming pool will definitely cover up the majority of the space, so you need a perfect design to maximize the usability of the space with fixtures and fittings. The entire design needs to be more attractive and can have a lot of functionality if you leave more open space. Plenty of unoccupied space gives a space for you and your family to sit and relax. Remember, your that particular space is going to be there forever, so ensure that the pool is in a right position which looks attractive through your windows, and the landscape is going to give good views from the house.
- Designs to make the pool safer: Safety is the primary thing to consider, so during your landscaping designing, it has to put this first. We recommend having pool fencing of at least 1.2 metres in height, all the way around the pool. For making your pool safer, you can cover it with an automatic cover. Avoid having any tall objects such as tables or chairs nearby to the pool zone, to prevent children from climbing the pool fencing. Also, it would help if you consider the furniture placing carefully, nearby to the pool.
- Consider your entertainment requirements: why do you want to have a swimming pool? The answer to the question can determine the landscaping of your pool. You can use the pool for health, fitness and relaxation, plus it would help you to fulfil your entertainment needs. Especially during summers, or when you organize parties and plan to have a pool-side barbeque, your landscape can provide you with an ideal entertainment area. Also, you need tables and chairs to make it a perfect place for a party. So, think about your entertainment needs when planning your pool landscaping.
However, it would be helpful if you sit along with your family to discuss the uses of the landscape, as each of them may have different plannings.
Also, don’t forget to discuss your lifestyle with us to come up with a landscaping plan which caters for everyone.
Whatever style you want to accomplish the landscape you choose, we can always help you with the best advice and support. We will be more than happy to answer all of your questions regarding. Get in touch with us today about pool landscaping.