The indoor swimming pool becomes a part of your house, not just for a day but for the lifetime. It is one of the most convenient and luxurious ways to add value in your property.
Swimmingpoolcompany holds expertise in designing and constructing the indoor swimming pools.
An indoor swimming pool comes with many advantages and allows you to enjoy swimming for 365 days.
The Advantages of an Indoor Swimming Pool
Now let’s have a look at the good about indoor swimming pool
- Cleaning: An indoor pool’s cleaning process is infinitely easier, compared to outdoor pools. Outdoor swimming pool gets exposed to the elements and gets filled with leaves, insects, sand, grass, etc., which makes it difficult to keep it clean. However, in the indoor swimming pool, you don’t need to worry about any of these outdoor debris. You can try a mixture of chlorine and saltwater to disinfect your pool from bacterias and algae.
- Year round swimming: Undoubtedly, this is one of the most noticeable advantages of having an indoor swimming pool. You can just enjoy your outdoor pools when the sun is blazing. But what for those who want to take a dip in spring mornings. This is when an indoor swimming pool really shows its benefit, it gives you a year-round swimming option, whenever you want. No matter what season is, indoor swimming pool water temperature always stays regulated, since the water does not get affected by any outer weather components.
- Privacy: Most of us do not like to be in public swimming pools. Because the public swimming pool always stays crowded, no matter what time you go there. Also, there is a huge chance to get infected with skin problems as it is nearly impossible always to keep the pool neat, clean and disinfected. Having your own indoor pool allows you to maintain hygiene along with aquatic fun for the entire family without worrying about the risks associated with redundant sunlight.
THINGS TO CONSIDER THAT YOUR INDOOR SWIMMING POOL HAVE CORRECT STRUCTURAL SUPPORT
As being indoors, these swimming pools produce so much humidity, and to handle this situation; you need the right structural support. We advice most of our clients to use plastic vapour barriers behind the walls or water-resistant drywall called the green board to minimize the effect. It stops the moisture from growing into the architectural framing of the room.
An equipment room is another important consideration for constructing an indoor swimming pool. You need ample space to work on your hardware. However, if you do not have enough space, our experts can have the best ideas for your space.
Chlorine is another factor, as the smells of it are amplified. So, you may need a sound system or can use a cleaner or Ozonator to help with the smell.
Lighting options are very different for indoor swimming pools, in comparison to outdoor swimming pools. Where outdoor pools get sufficient natural sunlight, you can add some windows, additional lighting and skylight, to enjoy your pool. Plus, you can also install underwater lights combined with wall sconces, but make sure to avoid overhead lighting. However, if you want to instal overhead lighting go for fibre-optic cable fixtures.
The proper ventilation system is important to keep your pool smell-free and to keep the humidity-controlled. We always recommend our client maintain the humidity level at 50 to 60 per cent, and the air temperature two degrees warmer than outside. It helps to keep the temperature, humidity and evaporation of the room controlled.
Moreover, if your dehumidifier is blowing air over the water, it increases the level of evaporation. So, try to minimize its uses; instead, you can blow the air outside the walls. The other way to reduce humidity and evaporation is to use an automotive pool cover.
CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF AN INDOOR SWIMMING POOL
The construction process of the indoor swimming pool has some significant differences than outdoor pools.
Let’s have a look
An indoor swimming pool construction requires a complete HVAC system. The entire process also needs to address the proper ventilation and heating. Where in an outdoor pool, the deck’s slope stays away from the water to keep debris and runoff water from going into the pool, an indoor pool doesn’t have a requirement for any such things. It’s decked slope face toward the pool, without worrying about water runoff or debris. It also has an inward slope, which helps in keeping water away from the wall. Also, a building process of indoor swimming allows with a wide range of materials options as it doesn’t have to worry about freezing or thawing.
Maintenance comparison between the indoor and outdoor swimming pool
In maintenance, indoor and outdoor swimming pools have some similarities, but there are also some significant differences they have.
- Where outdoor pools need proper winterizing, indoor pools don’t require any.
- Where outdoor swimming pools need more care and maintenance, due to the vulnerability to contaminants like leaves and dirt, indoor swimming pools just need to be vacuumed in a week.
- Due to the lack of sunlight, algae can be a particular problem with an indoor swimming pool, which is not a case with outdoor pools.
- In the absence of natural sunlight, you need to maintain the water balance, and to keep the chlorine level maintained by two or three times the average amount.
Additionally, as there is no use to winterize an indoor pool, it is easy to keep it shut down for couples of days for maintenance. Our experts can help you with draining the pool and monitoring the functionality of the pump.
However, if you are considering an indoor swimming pool then consider us for our best craftsmanship and excellent services.
We believe in creating a place for both your relaxation and exercise while maintaining the luxury, to promote a healthy and active lifestyle.